After several months (or even years) of dreaming and envisioning, then planning and organizing, and later adjusting and compromising, your wedding day is one of the most magical and relieving days of your life.
Thinking back of all your tasks, there was finding the dress, trimming your guest list, negotiating with the caterer, trusting the photographer, appointing the maid of honor, choosing the reception hall, and more. Even if you hired a wedding planner, there were still so many things to approve. Success, not stress, is how you will recall your memorable day.
Besides getting your other half, one of the biggest rewards is the honeymoon. Just the two of you. Enjoying all-you-can-eat food, swim up bars with unlimited drinks, glowing sunsets, white sand beaches, entertaining excursions, and intimate privacy.
May I suggest, 7 (yes, seven) top fragrances for her and him while relaxing on such a honeymoon. I have compiled 3 summer, 3 spring, and 1 fall/winter fragrances so you will evoke the senses while being seasonally appropriate. They are paired as his and her complementary scents.
YSL: Yves Saint Laurent
- For Her: Black Opium: Sweet vanilla with coffee; seductive and mysterious to set the mood.
- For Him: L’Homme: Cedarwood with spice; classic masculine scent for close encounters.
Each of these terrific nighttime scents can be for the evening dinner as well as the celebratory cocktail.
D&G: Dolce & Gabbana
- For Her: Light Blue: Citrus and cedar; always a top-10 summer fragrance nationwide
- For Him: Light Blue: Citrus, oakmoss, and musk: a summer favorite since 2007
An amazing scent as if you’re on the beach, while you’re really on the beach.
D&G: Dolce & Gabbana
- For Her: Dolce&Gabbana The One: Jasmine, Lily of the Valley, and powdery vanilla
- For Him: Dolce&Gabbana The One Gentleman: Pepper, Vanilla, and Patchouli
Both of these are ideal for a more mature and sophisticated couple wanting to impress.
- For Her: La Pluie: Almond and vanilla; sweet and bold with noticeable sillage in an EDP
- For Him: La Pluie: Notes of leather and whiskey; an indulgent masculine EDP
Classy and rich, these fragrances are marketed as affordable luxury.
- For Her: Gucci Bloom: White flowers and Chinese honeysuckle make this a graceful scent
- For Him: Gucci Guilty Intense: Neroli, patchouli, and amber portray a strong spicy scent
Feminine for her and masculine for him, a match that’s harmoniously appealing.
- For Her: Versace Crystal Noir: Gardenia, amber, and musk; sensual and delicate
- For Him: Versace Dylan Blue: Aquatic notes with striking black pepper and saffron
Both of these have a similarity of captivating earth tones and elements.
Fall / Winter
- For Her: Le Concerto: Sandalwood, vanilla and water jasmine combine for an oriental scent
- For Him: La Symphonie: Leather and cedarwood illicit strong notes of intensity
Among the potency, each of these has depth and character along with 24% oil for tenacity.
A wedding ceremony is a prequel to a committed and lasting relationship, but also a sequel to a pursued courtship. To confirm that is the celebration of togetherness… the honeymoon. For whenever that time comes, you now have been enlightened as to the best scents for the best scenic adventures.
Stop by your local Perfumes 4U to try any of these wonderful scents. Each of our consultants is trained to help you approve a new scent for yourself. If you like one or more, you may just put them on the wedding registry.
By Eric Lundeen
Eric Lundeen is the store manager at Perfumes 4U store located at St. Louis Premium Outlets. He is an expert fragrance consultant