Did you know you can make your perfume last beyond that mid-morning coffee break?
Welcome to our first ever Perfumes 4U blog!
We want you to be individualistic, knowledgeable and inspired about bath, beauty, and most importantly fragrance so you can wear these with confidence every day. Everyone wants to feel great…and it never hurts to be noticed!
Our initial topic is one that many question, but few have discovered the facts of having perfumes last longer. Whether you are a fragrance connoisseur or a novice, you will either dispel the myths or learn the ropes.
So, how can we make our amazing fragrances last beyond just that mid-morning coffee break? We have done the research for you, and these ten easy steps will help you enjoy your scent and love it longer:
- Make an informed purchase when choosing the right fragrance for you. Ask questions of your fragrance consultant about the quality. When possible, buy an eau de parfum because these fragrances are manufactured with more oil-based contents (rather than eau de toilette which is water-based). Usually, there is very little price difference, but there is a noticeable increase of silliage — the amount of fragrance that lingers in the air when being worn.
- Immediately after showering, use a moisturizing lotion thoroughly over your skin. This will interact with your skin’s natural oil. In doing so, your pores will retain your fragrance.
- Spray your perfume on warmer areas of your body, known as pulse points, such as your neck and wrists. Heat can activate the fragrance notes.
- Allow your perfume to “breath.” As your fragrance distributes along your body, let it dry by air. When rubbing it together, you will dilute the fragrance notes faster.
- Using your brush, gently massage your hair with your fragrance. Just do a small spritz on it before combing.
- If available, purchase the shower gel, lotion, body mist, and perfume all of the same scents. Doing so will increase your continued aroma throughout the day.
- Line your dresser drawers with scented tissue paper of your fragrance. As your clothes are folded, they will absorb the scent.
- Store your perfume in a dry, room-temperature place. Because temperature and humidity can alter the complexity of the fragrance, keep it away from windows, air vents, … and your fridge!
- Use each of your fragrances only when they’re in season. Citrus and fruity fragrances are great for summer but do not always hold in the winter. On the contrary, oriental and woody fragrances are perfect for fall and winter, but can become an odor (rather than a becoming scent) in the summer.
- Finally, when traveling, have a travel atomizer. You will be able to have that extra spritz in between business meetings or before dinner.
We hope these simple, yet effective, tips allow you to appreciate your fragrance more and longer. And remember, when looking to replenish your fragrance or wanting to explore a new scent, Perfumes 4U is ready to help. Our trained, professional staff in each location has the passion, product knowledge, and customer service to make your next purchase a satisfying experience.
By Eric Lundeen
Eric Lundeen is the store manager at Perfumes 4U store located at St. Louis Premium Outlets. He is an expert fragrance consultant